Salads are an essential part of all meals. They are healthy, nutritious, and easy to digest. What makes them exciting and adds flavor to them is the sauce or dressing they are dressed in. Simply put, a salad dressing is a condiment made especially for salads. They make the salads, creamier, richer, and more delicious to eat.
In this article, we have ranked the 4 most popular salad dressings and their characteristics. So read on.
- The ranch is hands down America’s most beloved salad dressings. It is made from a number of ingredients such as buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, onion, chives, salt, and pepper. A creamier and richer version often features sour cream or yogurt for enhanced taste.
Ranch dressing was first introduced to the world in 1949. A plumber in Alaska made a sauce by combining these ingredients. The sauce became an instant hit and the recipe was purchased by Ranch Kitchen – a food chain in America. Ranch dressing was declared as USA’s best-selling sauce in 1992.
Mike’s Amazing Ranch Dressing is one of the most loved in the U.S, try it today.
Common Uses of Ranch Dressing
Ranch dressing is commonly paired with the following American salads:
- Cobb and chicken cobb salad
- Garden salad
- Chicken and pork salad
- Macaroni salad
Ranch dressing is also served with potato chips, wings, and pizzas.
Blue Cheese Dressing
This is another delicious and tangy dressing that combines the goodness of blue cheese, yogurt/sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, onion, and garlic powders. The French variants of this dressing use French or Italian cheeses such as Roquefort and Gorgonzola. However, most American blue cheese dressings contain chunks of blue cheese.
Common Uses of Blue Cheese Dressing
Due to its creamy and thick texture, blue cheese dressing is often paired with crunchy salads such as Cobb salad, lettuce wraps, Iceberg wedge salad, or chopped vegetables. Blue Cheese Dressing pairs well with Buffalo wings and crudites and is often served as a dip.
Try our signature Mike’s Amazing Blue Cheese Dressing today.
- The roots of Italian dressing can be traced to Itlay. However, it is more popular in the USA than in its native country. It was first introduced to the USA in 1940 by an Italian immigrant who lived in Massachusetts. Similar to vinaigrette dressing, Italian dressing’s base is made from a combination of oil and vinegar. Chopped peppers, oregano, dill, onion, and garlic powders, salt, and sugar are added to the base.
Creamier versions of Italian dressing include mayonnaise as well.
Common Uses of Italian Dressing
This dressing is ideal for all types of salads. Due to its consistency and tangy taste, it is also used as a marinade for fish and meat.
- Russian dressing is an old condiment that dates back to the 20th century. Previously, caviar was the star ingredient of this dressing, hence the name Russian Dressing. However, now it is not included in the salad rather it is made from a combination of ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, pimentos, and multiple herbs and spices.
Common Uses of Russian Dressing
Russian dressing is combined with Crab Louise Salad, a crunchy taco, and wedge salads. It is also paired with a Reuben sandwich and is used as a sauce for leftover meat.
- Mike’s Amazing manufactures the most delicious and healthiest variants of these beloved dressings. Try Mike’s Amazing Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing, Cool Ranch Dressing, Creamy Italian Dressing, and Classic Russian Dressing. To place your order, visit our website or call us at 201-596-3717. We are located in Saddle Brook, New Jersey, and offer services in nearby areas as well.