The origins of Dijon Mustard sauce can be traced back to the city of Dijon, located in France. Dijon mustard differs from yellow mustard in the sense that it has a thicker, creamier consistency, has a pale yellow color, and a stronger mustard taste.
Mike’s Amazing Dijon mustard is nutritious and tasty. Let us take a look at some fun ways to use Dijon Mustard Sauce.
Honey Mustard Red Potato Salad
For making this crunchy and healthy salad, you need the following ingredients:
- Unpeeled baby red potatoes (3 pounds)
- Sea salt (½ tsp)
- Green onions (2)
- Finely chopped celery (1 cup)
- Diced red onion (½ cup)
- medium carrot, grated (1 in no.)
For the dressing, you need:
- Red wine vinegar (¼ cup)
- Honey(2 tbsp)
- Mike’s Amazing Dijon mustard (2 tbsp)
- Ground pepper (½ tsp)
- Extra virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- Place baby potatoes in a tight-lid Dutch oven and fill it with water. Add ½ tsp salt to the potato and water mix. Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat. Uncover the potatoes and cook them for 10-12 minutes till they become tender. Drain and cool.
- Separate the green portions from white portions of the green onions. Mince the white portions and add them to celery, red onion, and grated carrot.
- In another bowl, combine vinegar, honey, Mike’s Amazing Dijon mustard, sea salt, and ground pepper. Gradually add olive oil till they are all blended together. This is for the dressing.
- Chop the cooled potatoes into small pieces without taking the skin off. Add them to the onion mixture and pour in the dressing. Toss them together for an even coating.
Dijon Crusted Fish
For making this winter treat, you need the following:
- Low-fat mayonnaise (3 tbsp)
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- Mike’s Amazing Dijon mustard (2 tsp)
- Horseradish (1 tsp)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (2 tbsp)
- Tilapia fillets (4 in no. 5 ounces each)
- bread crumbs (half cup)
- Melted Butter (2 tbsp)
- Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, Mike’s Amazing Dijon Mustard, horseradish, and 1 tablespoon of grated cheese.
- Place tilapia fillets on a baking sheet that is coated with cooking spray. Cover the upper side of the fish with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Add remaining cheese and melted butter to the bread crumbs and sprinkle them over the fillets.
- Bake the fish for 12-15 minutes.
Grilled Veggies with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Red wine vinegar (¼ cup)
- Mike’s Amazing Dijon mustard (1 tbsp)
- Honey (1 tbsp)
- Salt (½ tsp)
- Black pepper (⅛ tsp)
- Canola oil (¼ cup)
- Olive oil (¼ cup)
- Large sweet onions (2 in no.)
- Medium-sized zucchini (2 in no.)
- Yellow summer squash (2 in no.)
- Large red peppers, halved and seeded (2 in no.)
- Trimmed green onions (1 bunch)
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients and gradually pour in both oils till all ingredients are well blended.
- Peel the onions and cut them into bite-sized cubes. Cut the zucchini and yellow squash vertically into 0.5-inch thick slices.
- With light hands, spritz the cooking spray on all vegetables.
- Grill sweet onions over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Grill zucchini, squash, and pepper over medium heat for 10-15 minutes till they become lightly charred.
- Grill green onions for 2-4 minutes.
- Cut all vegetables into bite-sized pieces and place them in a big bowl. Pour half cup of mustard, vinegar mixture over the vegetables while saving the remaining half for serving.
To get the best results, use Mike’s Amazing Dijon Mustard. Our Dijon Mustard features a rich, golden brown color and includes tart vinegar, zesty mustard seed, and a blend of delightful spices and herbs. To place your order, visit our website or call us at 201-596-3717. We are located in Saddle Brook, New Jersey.