Here are the top health benefits of coleslaw salad that you may not know
If you love to eat salad, the delicious coleslaw salad will leave you wanting more. Coleslaw salad typically consists of a combination of finely shredded raw cabbage along with a salad dressing and vinaigrette. Read through this guide to discover the incredible benefits of coleslaw salad.
Improves Gut Health
- Coleslaw salad is rich in fiber because of the presence of raw cabbage. The RDA of fiber for an adult is 30g per day. It can become challenging to consume this much amount of fiber per day. However, 120 g portion of cabbage is sufficient to meet 10% of daily fiber needs. The insoluble fiber in the coleslaw salad passes through the stomach undigested.
Cabbage is a natural prebiotic that provides food to bacterial species in the gut including bifidobacteria and lactobacilli. A healthy gut microbiome is crucial for regulating the immune system and overall health. In addition, fiber gives satiety which means it can keep you full for longer and prevents unhealthy snacking.
Source Of Vitamin C
- Cabbage is packed with antioxidants including vitamin C which provides several health benefits. Citrus fruits are typically known for having a high content of vitamin C but cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage are a rich source of Vitamin C.
60% of daily vitamin C needs can be met by consuming 100 g of raw cabbage. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system, neutralizes toxins, and protects cellular integrity. In doing so, this antioxidant can reduce the risk of chronic diseases including cancer and heart diseases.
- Daily folate requirements are about 400mcg and a 100g portion of raw cabbage provides about 11% of total folate needs. Diminished levels of folate can cause body aches and general fatigue.
In addition, deficiency of folate can lower serotonin levels in the body. For this reason, vitamin B12 is sometimes used in combination with folate to treat depression.
Source Of Phytochemicals
- Phytochemicals are the chemical substances naturally made by plants and are beneficial for humans. Phytochemicals protect plants against infections and predators. In humans. These chemicals play an important role in improving human health by reducing the risk of certain diseases.
Sinigrin is a phytochemical present in cabbage that has cardiovascular and anti-cancerous effects as indicated by research studies. However, more research is needed to form a conclusive statement.
Provides Vitamin K
In addition to improving immunity, detoxifying the body, and aiding in digestion, coleslaw also provides vitamin K. Vitamin K is abundantly present in cabbage and it can store minerals in the bones. Through its bone mineralization properties, vitamin K can help improve bone health.
The deficiency of vitamin K can lead to certain complications such as the hardening of blood vessels. Therefore coleslaw salad should be incorporated into a healthy and well-balanced diet for the prevention of diseases and the improvement of health.
Mike’s Amazing Cole Slaw Dressing
- Mike’s Amazing Cole Slaw Dressing can be used as a rich base that goes well with an assortment of cabbage and other vegetables to make a delicious Cole Slaw Salad. Moreover, it can be used as a topping, can be added to dishes, or simply served as a side dish with savory meals. Mike’s Amazing Coleslaw Dressing is delicious, fresh, and tastes homemade.
Coleslaw can inarguably be included in a healthy diet. It contains super healthy vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and phytochemicals that are crucial to health. You can add ingredients of your choice to make the healthiest salad with Mike’s Amazing Cole Slaw Dressing.
Mike’s Amazing Cole Slaw Dressing is made with a perfect blend of fresh and highest-quality ingredients. To place your order, contact Mike’s Amazing brand. We manufacture multiple sauces, condiments, mayonnaise, and salad dressings. Call us at 201-596-3717 or visit us in Saddle Brook, New Jersey.