Check out these surprising health benefits of mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is a popular condiment that has become a part of multiple gastronomies. Mayonnaise is most commonly used in sandwiches, salad, and pasta. It can also be combined with other condiments as the base to tasty new dressings and sauces. Mayonnaise is not just a treat for the taste buds, but it can be an excellent source of important nutrients and it also provides some other surprising health benefits as well. These include:
1. Results in Healthy Hair
- Mayonnaise is one of the most popular DIY recipes for strong and shiny hair. The abundance of Omega 3 and Omega 6 in mayonnaise is attributed to adding strength to hair follicles. It can also be applied as a hair mask or conditioner to treat dull and weak hair. Regular application of mayonnaise as a hair mask adds shine and health to the hair.
2. Adds Moisture to Rough and Chapped Skin
Mayonnaise contains emollients and fats which add moisture to chapped and rough skin. Topical application of mayonnaise results in the removal of dead skin and soothes chapped lips, feet, and elbows. It is also helpful in treating sunburnt skin as it soothes the burnt skin and heals it.
3. Keeps The Heart Healthy
- Mayonnaise has high Vitamin E content which keeps the heart strong and healthy and prevents the occurrence of a stroke. Mayonnaise rich in Omega – 3 has substantial benefits for the heart.
4. Promotes Nail Health
- Nails can become brittle and weak due to frequent hand washing and excessive dryness. Topical application of mayonnaise is an effective remedy for keeping them shiny and lustrous. Apply generous amounts of mayonnaise on the nails for 5 minutes and then wash it off. Say hello to strong and shiny nails.
5. Improves the Health of Skin
- Mayonnaise has an abundance of healthy nutrients which provide moisture to the skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. The major component of mayonnaise is eggs which add plumpness and volume to the skin. Mayonnaise is effective in repairing the natural barrier of the skin. The topical application of mayonnaise helps restore the skin’s radiance.
If you suffer from skin dryness, apply unflavored mayonnaise to the face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Avoid the area around the eyes. Massage it for 1-2 minutes in a circular motion before washing it off with lukewarm water.
6. Delivers Healthy Vitamins and Minerals
Mayonnaise contains the following important vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin E and K
Selenium helps repair radical damage, strengthens the immune system, and slows down the aging process. Potassium speeds up the metabolism and regulates fluid balance. Sodium balances blood pressure and regulates bodily fluids.
- Moderate consumption and application of mayonnaise can be quite beneficial for our bodies. However, to reap the full benefits of mayonnaise, it is important to buy good quality mayonnaise that delivers a punch of nutrients. Chefler Foods brings to a wide assortment of mayonnaises to choose from.
Use our contact form to get in touch https://cheflerfoods.com/contact/ or give us a call (201-596-3717) so we can help you select the best mayonnaise for you.