Maraschino Cherries are picked at the peak of ripeness and preserved in specially flavored sugar syrup. They provide a crisp, sweet taste to everything they are paired with. Here are some delicious ways to use Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries.
Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
You will love these cookies if you like chocolate and cherries.
What You Need:
- Butter (½ cup)
- White sugar (1 cup)
- Egg (1)
- Vanilla extract (1 ½ tsp)
- All-purpose flour (1 ½ cup)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (½ cup)
- Salt (¼ tsp)
- Baking soda (¼ tsp)
- Baking powder (¼ tsp)
- Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries (10 ounces)
- Sweetened condensed milk (½ cup)
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add sugar and butter to a bowl and beat them together then add egg and vanilla extract. Beat again.
- Now add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir the ingredients until smooth.
- Turn the mixture into 1-inch balls that are about the size of a walnut.
- Put these balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press each ball with your thumb and place a cherry in each cookie ball.
- Melt the chocolate chips in condensed milk.
- Then add about 4 teaspoons of cherry juice from the Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries and stir.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of this mixture on top of each cookie and spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven.
Maraschino Cherry Pound Cake
This wonderful pound cake full of Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries is a treat for your taste buds.
What You Need:
- Shortening (1 ½ cups)
- Eggs (6)
- Baking powder (½ tsp)
- Butternut flavored extract (1 tsp)
- White sugar (3 cups)
- All-purpose flour (3 ¾ cups)
- Milk (¾ cup)
- Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries (3/4 cup)
- Cream cheese (3 ounces)
- Softened butter (¼ cup)
- Sifted confectioners’ sugar (2 cups)
- Flaked coconut (1/2 cup)
- Mix white sugar and the shortening in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat after each addition, then add flavoring.
- Take another bowl and add flour and baking soda. Combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk to the creamed mixture.
- Add ¾ cup of Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries into the batter.
- Grease a tube pan and pour the batter into it.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Make the frosting by combining the cream cheese and the butter in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, cherries, and coconut.
- Frost the cake once it is cold enough.
Divine Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream
With cherry juice in the custard base and chopped cherries and bittersweet chocolate folded in, this version of ice cream is truly amazing.
What You Need:
- Heavy Cream (3 Cups)
- Whole Milk (3 Cups)
- White Sugar (1 Cup)
- Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries (1 Jar)
- Egg Yolks (8)
- Almond Extract (2 tsp)
- Bittersweet Chocolate (12 Ounces)
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat and stir together cream, milk, sugar, and the juice from the jar of Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries.
- Once it starts simmering remove it from heat.
- Add egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk about 2 tablespoons of hot cream at a time.
- Pour this mixture into a saucepan and cook on low heat while stirring constantly.
- When the mixture reaches 170 degrees F remove it from the heat.
- Pour into a container and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Chop the Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries and mix them into the cold custard along with almond extract and chocolate.
- At this point, the mixture is ready to be poured into an ice cream maker and frozen according to the manufacturer’s directions.
To add an exciting flavor to your food use Mike’s Amazing Maraschino Cherries. Visit our website to place your order or call us at 201-596-3717. We are located in Saddle Brook, New Jersey.