The health benefits of Italian dressing are numerous – few are mentioned below
Made with a base of oil, vinegar, and lemon juice the Italian dressing provides a full-bodied flavor to compliment any dish. It is lower in calories and fats and is considered a healthy option as compared to cream-based dressings. Continue reading to find out more about its health benefits and nutritional content.
According to USDA standards, 1 tablespoon of Italian dressing contains:
- 35.3 Calories
- 3.1g Fat
- 146mg Sodium
- 1.8g Carbohydrates
- 0g Fiber
- 1.6g Sugars
- 0.1g Protein
- The amount of carbs varies according to the recipe but generally, there are less than 2 grams of carbohydrates in one serving of Italian dressing.
Added sweeteners contribute to most of these carbs. Sugar, corn syrup, or high fructose corn syrup are some of the typically used sweeteners.
- Fat contributes the most number of calories with about 3g of fat per serving. Recipes made with heart-healthy olive oil provide monounsaturated fats.
A healthy blend of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats can also be found in recipes made with vegetable oil. These are healthy fats that support heart health by keeping cholesterol levels in check.
- Recipes in which olive oil or vegetable oil is used as a base contain small amounts of vitamin K and vitamin E. But you will find a considerable amount of sodium in a bottle of Italian dressing.
1 tablespoon of Italian dressing provides 150 mg of sodium which is roughly equal to 6.5% of the daily recommended intake of this mineral.
- About 80 of the calories in Italian dressing come from fat. Carbohydrates contribute the remaining 20% of calories.
Health Benefits Of Italian Dressing
- Italian dressing is not only a versatile option that goes well with anything but the blend of the amazing ingredients also provides some health benefits.
Here are some of the important benefits of Italian dressing.
It Is Heart Healthy
- The dressings that use olive oil as a base are especially beneficial for the heart. Evidence-based studies indicate the benefits of consuming olive oil for cardiovascular health. In addition, the risk of coronary heart disease is reduced by regular consumption of olive oil.
The Italian dressings made with canola, corn, peanut, soybean, safflower, sunflower, or a blend of these also contribute to heart health. This is because of their minimal content of saturated fat.
Low Calorie Alternative to Creamy Dressings
- If you don’t want to derail your weight loss efforts, Italian dressing can make a smarter choice for you. Because it is typically lower in calories and fat as compared to cream-based dressings. You can spice up your salad with delicious Italian dressing without stressing over weight gain.
It Is Allergen-Friendly
- According to the reports, about 26 million American adults have one or other kind of food allergy. This makes up about 11% of the total population. A traditional Italian dressing is free from all of the common allergy-causing ingredients.
So food allergy sufferers can safely use Italian dressing to zing up their food. Generally, it is advised to read the food labels before buying a product just to be sure it is safe for you to consume.
Suitable For A High-Fat Eating Plan
- In addition to adding flavor and heart-healthy nutrients to your food, Italian dressing can work well for those on high fat and high-calorie diet. Since it provides a high percentage of calories from fat people on a keto diet for weight loss can also rely on this dressing.
Mike’s Amazing Creamy Italian Dressing has the right blend of delightful spices and herbs that is perfect for all the recipes. To place your order, contact Mike’s Amazing brand. We manufacture multiple sauces, condiments, mayonnaise, and salad dressings. Call us at 201-596-3717 or visit us in Saddle Brook, New Jersey.