Here are the top health benefits of extra virgin olive oil according to fitness experts around the world
Olive oil comes in multiple forms. There is a virgin, extra virgin, refined, and pomace. These prefixes are assigned on the basis of how these oils are extracted, processed and how refined they are. After extracting oil from the olive fruit, it is sometimes heated and often even preservatives are added to increase shelf life. Despite longer shelf life, processed olive oil is less nutritious and beneficial than raw, unadulterated, and unprocessed oil.
Chefler Foods’ Dolce Vita extra virgin olive oil is one of the least processed types of olive oil. The oil is extracted using cold stone press methods, hence no heat is used in its extraction. As a result, the beneficial components of olive oil i.e. polyphenols and antioxidants are preserved and not lost in the process.
With Dolce Vita extra virgin olive oil, you can be assured that you are using one of the purest sources of healthy fat. Let us take a look at the top 3 health benefits of extra virgin olive oil.
Powerful Heart-protective Properties
- As per the findings of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 659,000 Americans die from heart disease each year. It accounts for one in four deaths. A heart attack occurs when there is a blockage in the arteries that supply blood to the heart. This blockage happens due to the deposition of plaque in the coronary arteries that narrow down the passage of blood flow to the heart.
Research indicates that extra virgin olive oil is good for the health of the heart. It has powerful heart-protective properties such as:
- Lowering and regulating blood pressure
- Preventing atherosclerosis i.e. the hardening of arteries
People residing in the Mediterranean region have significantly lower cases of heart disease. Along with factors, regular consumption of extra virgin olive oil is perceived to be one of the reasons for stronger, healthier hearts.
Lowers The Chances of A Stroke
- Stroke is a serious medical condition. This condition is characterized by the interruption of blood supply to the brain. Stroke is a killer condition. It results in the deaths of 150,000 Americans each year. High cholesterol and blood pressure are the major risk factors for the occurrence of a stroke.
As per the findings of a French study, regular consumption of olive oil lowers the occurrence of a stroke by 41%. The probable reason for this is the fact that olive contains monounsaturated fats that reduce the level of low-density lipoprotein (LDL). LDL is a risk factor for stroke and heart disease. Replacing saturated fats with olive oil has a positive impact on the health of the cardiovascular system.
Strengthens The Bones
Not only is Dolce Vita extra virgin olive oil good for the cardiovascular system, but because it is rich in polyphenols, it is also good for bone health in the following ways:
- Prevents age-related bone loss.
- Prevents bone resorption i.e. the breakdown of bones and release of calcium into the blood.
- Reduces the risk of fractures by strengthening the bones.
- Prevents the loss of bone mineral density
- Offers protection against the development of osteoporosis in the elderly.
Hence, regular consumption of olive oil will result in an improved cardiovascular system and strengthened bone structure. To get the maximum health benefits, it is important to buy the best quality extra virgin olive oil.
You can use top-quality Dolce Vita Extra Virgin Olive oil as salad dressings and for sauteing vegetables or other food items. Contact Chefler Food to get the most authentic extra virgin olive oil. Call us at 201-596-3717. We are located in Saddle Brook, New Jersey.