Coleslaw is one of the most versatile and colorful salads. Delicious and easy to make, it is quite economical as well. All you need is cabbage, simple seasonings, and traditional Mike’s Amazing coleslaw dressing to bring the ingredients together. However, you can also add shredded broccoli, purple cabbage, carrots, apples, and radicchio to the salad. Coleslaw can be served as a side salad or it can be added on top of sandwiches, fried fish, tacos, hot dogs, and burgers.
Along with traditional ways, you can make the following innovative dishes using coleslaw salad and dressing.
Crispy Chicken Salad
This crispy and crunchy chicken salad is easy to whip up and delicious to taste. It can be made with as little as ¼ cup of leftover coleslaw mix. You need the following ingredients:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- Mike’s Amazing ColeSlaw Dressing (4 tablespoons)
- Coleslaw salad mix (¼ cup)
- Chopped celery stalk (1)
- One quarter chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the salad, cut the chicken breasts into 3-4 large pieces and cook them in a frying pan. Once they cool down, add all the ingredients to a food processor and mix well until chopped. Tada! Crispy chicken salad is ready to be served.
Broccoli and Ramen Noodle Salad
This unusual yet wholesome salad features an assortment of nutritious and delicious ingredients which are listed as follows.
- Broccoli coleslaw mix (1 package or 16 ounces)
- Mike’s Amazing Coleslaw Dressing (2 tbsp)
- Chicken flavored ramen noodles (2 packages or 3 ounces)
- Chopped green onions (½ cup)
- Unsalted peanuts (1 cup)
- Sunflower seeds (1 cup)
- White sugar (½ cup)
- Vegetable oil (¼ cup)
- Cider vinegar (½ cup)
To prepare this salad, do the following:
- In a large bowl, add coleslaw mix, Mike’s Amazing coleslaw dressing, cooked ramen noodles, and green onions.
- In another bowl, add sugar, oil, vinegar, and chicken seasoning of ramen noodles. Whisk the ingredients together till well combined. Pour this mixture on top of the noodle salad to coat it evenly.
- Refrigerate the salad for 2 hours. Sprinkle peanut and sunflower seeds before serving the salad.
Grilled Cheese and Veggie Sandwich with Mike’s Amazing Coleslaw dressing
This recipe features an unusual twist by adding coleslaw salad to the traditional grilled cheese sandwich. You will need:
- Coleslaw mix (1.5 cups)
- Mike’s Amazing Coleslaw Dressing (3 tbsps)
- Bean sprouts (0.5 cups)
- 8 thick slices of sourdough bread (¾ inch thick)
- Softened margarine (3 tbsps)
- Honey mustard (3 tbsps)
- Sliced Havarti cheese (6 ounces)
Here is how this sandwich is made:
- In a large bowl, add coleslaw mix, Mike’s Amazing Coleslaw Dressing, and bean sprouts.
- Apply a thin layer of margarine on one side of each bread slice. On the other side of the bread, apply honey mustard and top it with coleslaw and bean mixture. Place sliced cheese on top of the coleslaw mixture.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining slices of bread.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and cook the sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side till cheese melts and bread gets a golden brown appearance.
This recipe yields 4 delicious sandwiches.
To get the best results, use Mike’s Amazing Coleslaw Dressing. By using our extremely smooth dressing as a base, you will be able to mix in your own assortment of cabbage and vegetables for a delicious ColeSlaw that is ready to serve! Mike’s Amazing ColeSlaw is delicious, fresh, and tastes homemade. Visit our website to place your order or call us at 201-596-3717. We are located in Saddle Brook, New Jersey.