Here is part 2 of our recipes that use Mike’s amazing coleslaw dressing
4) Middle Eastern Chicken Shawarma With Coleslaw Salad
Shawarma is a renowned Middle Eastern delight. Easy to make and delicious to eat, classic chicken shawarma is made from thinly sliced chicken that is wrapped in pita bread. Traditionally, the shawarma is adorned with cucumber and onion but adding coleslaw salad instead of these vegetables enhances the taste very much. To make this shawarma, you need:
- 1.5 pounds of thinly sliced boneless chicken thighs
- Plain yogurt (1 cup)
- White vinegar (¼ cup)
- Crushed garlic (1 tbsp)
- Ground black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Table salt (1 tsp)
- Cardamom (2 pods)
- Allspice (1 tsp)
- Lemon juice (2 tbsp)
- Shawarma Sauce (1 cup)
- Coleslaw mix (1 cup)
- Mike’s Amazing Cole Slaw Dressing (5 tbsp)
- Large pita bread (4 pieces)
Chicken shawarma is prepared as follows:
- To prepare the marinade for chicken, combine yogurt, vinegar, garlic, pepper, salt, allspice, and lemon juice. Dip the chicken slices in this marinade and coat them well. Refrigerate them overnight.
- The next day, take a large cooking pan and grease it with olive oil. Place the marinated chicken and cook it for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- When the chicken cools down, cut it into large chunks with a knife.
- To prepare the coleslaw salad for the shawarma, pour the coleslaw mix in a large bowl and add Mike’s Amazing coleslaw dressing. Mix them well.
- Place one pita bread on the counter and spread a thin layer of shawarma sauce over the entire pita bread.
- Place 5-7 large chunks of cooked chicken on the pita bread in such a way that it covers ¼ of the bread. Add 2 tbsps of coleslaw mix on the chicken and roll the pita bread like a burrito.
- Tada! Delicious chicken shawarma is ready to be served.
5) Portable Chinese Chicken Salad
This Chinese chicken salad is prepared in under 15 minutes and can be carried to the office. Here is how it is made. You will need:
- Boneless chicken breast halves (4)
- Coleslaw mix (16 ounces)
- Mike’s Amazing ColeSlaw Dressing (half cup)
- Chicken flavored ramen noodles crushed (6 ounces), seasoning packets are reserved
- Slivered almonds (½ cup, blanched)
- Corn oil (½ cup)
- Rice garlic vinegar (½ cup)
To prepare the salad:
- Saute chicken and cook for 15 minutes. Break it into large chunks when cooled.
- In a large bowl, add coleslaw, Mike’s Amazing ColeSlaw dressing, and chicken chunks. Combine them together.
- In another bowl, add ramen noodles and almonds.
- In a third bowl, add corn oil, vinegar, and ramen seasoning. Whisk them with a fork to form a homogeneous mixture.
- Add noodle mixture to the chicken and coleslaw mixture. Top it with the dressing mixture and stir together to get an even taste.
6) Corned Beef Sandwich
This delicious sandwich is made with a handful of ingredients. Let’s take a look. You will need:
- Thinly sliced corn beef (2 ounces)
- Jewish rye bread (2 slices)
- Russian dressing (2 tbsp)
- 2 slices Jewish rye bread
- 2 tablespoons Russian dressing
- 1 cup coleslaw
- Mike’s amazing coleslaw dressing (half cup)
To make this sandwich, do the following:
- Heat the corned beef in the microwave for a few seconds.
- In a bowl, combine coleslaw mix and dressing.
- Spread a thin layer of Russian dressing on each side of the sliced bread.
- Place a piece of warm corned beef on one side of the bread. Spread a thick chunk of coleslaw dressing on the other side of the bread.
- Combine both sides together and enjoy the delicious sandwich.
To get the best results, use Mike’s Amazing Coleslaw Dressing. By using our extremely smooth dressing as a base, you will be able to mix in your own assortment of cabbage and vegetables for a delicious ColeSlaw that is ready to serve! Mike’s Amazing ColeSlaw is delicious, fresh, and tastes homemade. Visit our website to place your order or call us at 201-596-3717. We are located in Saddle Brook, New Jersey.