Read on to learn the benefits of ranch dressing and how it can help you enhance your bone, heart, and overall health
The unique flavors make ranch dressing one of the most popular and best-selling salad dressings in the U.S. Ranch dressing is a thick and creamy addition that brings out a wonderful flavor in food. This article discusses the nutrition facts and health benefits of Mike’s Amazing Cool Ranch Dressing.
Ingredients Used In The Dressing
It is made from the flavorsome ingredients that are good for your health. The main ingredients used in Mike’s Amazing Cool Ranch Dressing include:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
Let’s have a look at the nutrient profile of ranch dressing.
- There are 129 calories and less than 1.8 grams of carbohydrates in a two-tablespoon serving of ranch dressing. However, serving size varies according to brands. The glycemic index of this dressing is low because of the lower carbohydrate content. It is however advisable to read labels and select the dressing that works for you.
Regular ranch dressing contains about 13.4 grams of fat. The distribution of fat is in the following amounts:
- Saturated fats 2.1 g
- Monounsaturated fats 2.8 g
- Polyunsaturated fat 7.7 g
- A single serving of ranch dressing provides about 1 gram of protein. The protein content can be increased by using Greek yogurt along with the dressing.
Vitamins And Minerals
- One serving of ranch dressing provides a considerable amount of vitamin K. Canola oil is the primary ingredient in bottled ranch dressings which is a good source of vitamin K. Vitamin K is stored in the body’s fat tissues because it is a fat-soluble vitamin.
Health Benefits Of Ranch Dressing
The ingredients used for making ranch dressing provide a variety of health benefits.
Good For Bone Health
- Vitamin K is abundantly present in canola oil and is important for strong bones. It helps to store minerals in the bones. Individuals who are deficient in vitamin K are at greater risk for osteoporosis and other bone diseases. Through its bone mineralization properties, vitamin K improves bone health. Research suggests that vitamin K supplementation in postmenopausal women can help improve bone health.
Incorporating Ranch Dressing In The Diet
- The deficiency of vitamin K can lead to certain complications such as the hardening of blood vessels. Therefore ranch dressing should be incorporated into a healthy and well-balanced diet for the prevention of diseases and the improvement of health. For instance, pairing ranch dressing with green salad will boost your vitamin k, calcium, and micronutrient intake.
Reduces The Risk Of Coronary Heart Disease
- Research studies suggest that low blood levels of vitamin K increase the risk of coronary heart disease. In the absence of vitamin K blood vessels become stiff and narrow thereby limiting the supply of blood to the heart. However, more research is needed to form a conclusive statement. But there is no harm in consuming a serving of vitamin K-rich ranch dressing as a part of a healthy diet.
Helps Increase The Vegetable Intake
- The vegetable intake of the American population is below the recommended amount. According to a survey, an average American consumes only 1.4 cups of vegetables per day. But dietary guidelines suggest the intake of 2.5 cups of vegetables per day for individuals who consume a 2000 calories diet.
Consuming ranch dressing with vegetables can make them more flavorful and palatable. Ranch dressing is the most popular choice when it comes to topping vegetables. It is a fun way to reach the recommended intake of veggies per day.
Mike’s Amazing Cool Ranch dressing is a thick and creamy condiment that is perfect for all the recipes. To book your order, call us at 201-596-3717. We are located in Saddle Brook, New Jersey.