Here are four tried and test ways to use mayonnaise in simple recipes
Mayonnaise is one of the most common condiments that is found in almost everyone’s pantry. It is prepared by combining egg yolks, oil, vinegar, and some optional seasonings. Mayonnaise has a thick creamy consistency and a delicious, slightly tangy taste. Mike’s Amazing Mayonnaise is traditionally used as a spread for sandwiches, burgers, and wraps. However, it can be added to multiple other foods as a binding agent that also enhances its taste and appeal.
Let us explore 4 delicious uses of mayonnaise.
Quick Macaroni Salad
This quick macaroni salad features the crunchiness of vibrant colored vegetables, macaroni, and the creaminess of Mike’s Amazing mayonnaise.
- Elbow macaroni (half cup)
- Diced cherry tomatoes (half cup)
- Chopped celery (3 tbsps)
- Chopped carrot (3 tbsps)
- Peeled and chopped cucumber (2 tbsps)
- Mike’s Amazing Mayonnaise (¼ cup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
To prepare this salad, do the following:
- Boil macaroni for 8-10 minutes till al dente. Drain the hot water and place them under running cold water.
- In a bowl, combine all the vegetables and add macaroni to them.
- In another bowl, add the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and whisk them to combine.
- Pour the mayonnaise over the salad and toss to coat till evenly distributed.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
Baked Onion Dip
This cheesy appetizer will be the show-stealer of your next dinner. Baked onion dip features the sweetness of onions mixed with cheese and Mike’s Amazing mayonnaise. You will need the following ingredients:
- Mike’s Amazing Mayonnaise (1 cup)
- Chopped sweet onion (1 cup)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (1 tbsp)
- Shredded Swiss cheese (1 cup)
- Garlic salt (¼ teaspoon)
- Assorted crackers for serving
To prepare the dip:
- Take a large bowl and add Parmesan cheese, Swiss cheese, Mike’s Amazing Mayonnaise, onions, and garlic salt. Combine them well.
- Spread this mixture into a one-quart baking dish.
- Bake this mixture for 40 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius. Don’t cover the dish to get an even and crispy golden-brown crust on top.
- Serve the dip with crackers.
3. Creamy Cucumbers
This cool treat is ideal for hot summers. To prepare creamy cucumbers, you will need:
- Mike’s Amazing Lite Mayonnaise (1 cup)
- White sugar (¼ cup)
- White vinegar (¼ cup)
- Salt (¼ tsp)
- Thinly sliced cucumbers with skin (4 cups)
Creamy cucumbers are a one-step dish. Take a large bowl, pour the mayonnaise and then add white sugar, vinegar, and salt to it. Whisk to combine well. Once combined, toss in the cucumbers and coat them well.
Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours for a delightful treat.
4. Basil Tomato Tart
To prepare Basil Tomato Tart, you will need the following ingredients:
- Pastry to form a single crust in a 9-inch pan
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (1.5 cups)
- Medium-sized fresh tomatoes (6 in no.s)
- Fresh basil leaves (1 cup)
- Garlic cloves (4)
- Mike’s Amazing Mayonnaise (half cup)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (¼ cup)
- Pepper and salt to taste
Perform the following steps to get crunchy and creamy tomato tart:
- Arrange the pastry in a 9-inch tart pan. Do not make holes in the pastry. Place a heavy-duty foil around the pastry shell.
- Bake the pastry at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. Remove the foil and then bake for another 8 minutes at 375 degrees.
- After 13 minutes, take the pastry out of the oven and sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the hot crust.
- Deseed the tomatoes, cut them into long slices, and place them on the cheese.
- Blend the garlic and basil in a food processor and sprinkle the thick mixture over the tomatoes.
- Add parmesan cheese, pepper, salt into the Mike’s Amazing mayonnaise and mix them well. Spread this mixture over basil.
- Bake the tart for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.
To get the best results, use Mike’s Amazing Mayonnaise. Place your order by visiting our website or call us at 201-596-3717. We are located in Saddle Brook, New Jersey.